Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantasy Shopping: Part I

When things are slow at work (which lately is most of the time), I like to amuse myself by:

a) Reading random Wikipedia entries; and

b) Fantasizing about the clothes I would wear and buy if I had a few hundred/thousand/hundred thousand more dollars in the bank.

At the moment, I am head over heels in love with this vintage Vicky Tiel dress which is being touted as 'cheaper than Balmain' on the Decades blog. True as that may be, I have a sneaking suspicion that it may still be just out of my price range...but a girl can dream.


In keeping with the metallic/prohibitively pricey/insanely impractical theme, I'm also obsessed with this vintage Azzaro chainmail sweater from Rare Vintage to the point that I am seriously considering throwing a Joan of Arc/medieval themed costume party for my next birthday just to have an excuse to buy it.


And finally, we need something bronze to complete the trio. How about this Shera-esque YSL cuff from Resurrection as modelled by Sasha Pivovarova's evil twin? Sadly, this gorgeous specimen has already been snapped up, but then again the beauty of fantasy shopping is that the concept of ownership is fluid....

No comments: